Monday, March 16, 2009

Scrap Room Remodel

So it begins… my purging and cleaning urge has been leading up to something -- a scrap room remodel! We’re doing a reorganization and a slight remodel of my scrap area while trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible. Poor Kenny has to do the majority of the work, as I have to be careful with my oxygen level with exertion. :-) He’s been very patient with me!!! We’re trying to keep it moving as quickly as possible, because the downstairs bathroom is now a storage area (unusable) and the laundry room is almost just as bad (can JUST BARELY squeeze my way to the washer/dryer). Here’s a few pics so far:



The wall with the windows will become an accent wall w/color – a deep red, wine color. Kenny is putting on a grey primer here which is supposed to help the darker paint go on well (see the lovely mess everywhere!!! UGH!!!)




Then while the primer was drying, we started putting together the new shelving units which will hopefully store A LOT of supplies hopefully eliminating what seems to be the perpetual clutter, at least that’s the plan.



It was quite the tight fit, but they are up and ready to be filled now. The problem is I’m not sure what of my stuff I can easily get to now to start filling them up!



We now have 2 coats of paint on the wall, it is starting to look better (that first coat of paint was scary!). Kenny is hoping we can be done in three coats, but I’m thinking four may be the magic number. We’ll see.

Obviously, things are quite disorganized and hard to work right now here. Once the wine red wall is finished, then we can start putting things BACK where they belong and get to sharing art instead of remodeling pictures! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment