Monday, May 10, 2010

New Challenge: The Three Cheers for Chairs Challenge

Moxie Fab's latest challenge was creating a project with a chair/couch/sofa in some way. I could only find one couch in my collection of stamp sets -- so that was what I went with! I used the stamp set D1370 Welcome Home (couch), D1348 Priceless Love Word Puzzle (sentiment & frame), and D1412 Noted Backgrounds (background text strip) to create this card:



Since I wanted to emphasize the sentiment "you color my world," I kept the main portion of the card black and white. I stamped the couch multiple times in the background in black, then added a strip stamped with some distressed text in black. I stitched the entire edge with a zig-zag stitch with embroidery floss, then added some color!

The couch was stamped in Tulip. I stamped it twice to add some dimension, the couch itself is popped up, then the front seat of the couch is popped up as well. I paper pieced a couple of "pillows" out of some patterned paper from the Caboodle paper pack, and added some red sparkles to the couch ends and an extra "pillow" with a button. The frame for the sentiment was stamped in Tulip ink, then the sentiment was stamped inside with Black ink. I added some dots to the frame and colored in the word color with some coordinating colors to the pillows on the couch. Then a few finishing touches: black grosgrain ribbon under the sentiment, some white sparkles underneath, and a couple of tulip photo corners -- and it's all finished!

Here's my one and only couch card! Enjoy!

Dani

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle! Thanks for entering the Three Cheers for Chairs Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete