Friday, June 18, 2010

Long time, no post!

It's been busy, busy, busy! I have still been doing some creative stuff, but I simply haven't had time to post anything. With the end of school combined with a lot of away soccer tournaments, free time was at a premium.

Here are a couple of the projects that I've been doing -- better late than never, right? First, I got the awesome new Go-To Sketches book by Paper Crafts. And I also got the coordinating Card Companion kit by Doodlebug Design to make 18 of the cards shown throughout the book. So I've been making one or a few cards here and there when I found an opportunity until I finally finished all 18 of them:



Sorry for the nasty pics, I just snapped quick ones on my craft table. The cards turned out really cute! If you prefer step-by-step directions, with clear instructions on putting everything together -- this is definitely not for you. :-) You are given a pack of supplies, you have the pictures shown of the finished cards in the book -- and that is just about it. In addition, you also have to cut out every single printed embellishment provided, nothing is die-cut.

There are more than enough supplies provided though, I have a lot of scraps -- more than enough to make more cards:



I have cardstock, patterned paper, templates, and even embellishments leftover. I did decide a few times to add my own sentiments and accents here and there from my stash, so not all of mine are EXACTLY as originally shown too. It's all going into a bag to work on later, as I have a lot of other projects to get to now.

I've also been working on a project for Delaney's soccer team. I decided to make a digital print this time around instead of a mini scrapbook, as I knew we were cramped for time and I could easily make one for everyone on the team a lot quicker. Here is Delaney's version:

I thought they turned out really nice. Now we just need to find a frame and a spot in the soccer room to hang up Dee's new picture.

Now, I'm afraid I have some hemming and altering to do. I'd rather be papercrafting, so hopefully it won't take too long!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment