Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Long time no post -- but still creating!!!

I did finally get through my HUGE pile of mending/altering, so I'm quite happy to say that I'm all caught up on my sewing projects right now. Whew! We've been doing a lot of purging/cleaning/organizing through the house, and the Monica in me has been ecstatic. It has transferred to my creative space, and I've been finishing up projects and cleaning/organizing here in my scrapbook room too! But I've still been getting a lot of creative projects done in the process.

Project #1:
I'm embarrassed to say that I purchased these fun photo holders back when we initially remodeled the scrapbook room. YIKES! I finally sat down and printed out some fun and meaningful photos and went to town putting these together. I'm so happy with how they turned out! These are now decorative accents in my scrapbook room!






Project #2:
When my BFF RuthAnn came up to visit recently, she helped me work on some bulletin boards for the kiddos that I had been wanting to get finished. I have had one of the bulletin boards forever (I originally got it to match the toy room which had a farm theme - before we switched it to the soccer room. Sad, huh?), and I just bought the other one to decorate up for Kyle's room. Sorry for the bad pictures, I should have thought to take a picture before putting them up on the wall. Kyle's especially is bad, because it is in his little "cubby" area underneath his bed and behind his desk (he has an all-in-one desk/bed unit) -- and I didn't even have enough room to get a straight shot of it.






Project #3:
I've been trying to organize and clean up my scrapbook room. Since I've cut back my business a lot, I decided it was time to go through and utilize all the leftover project packets that I still had from gatherings, workshops and open houses. I've made over 100 cards so far!!! Crazy, huh? Here is a quick snapshot of most of the cards I've made to date, and I have quite a few still to get through. When I've had multiples of cards, I've tried to stamp different sentiments on them so that I would have more variety to use later. It's been a lot of fun just grabbing a packet where the card is already designed and pieces cut and going to town! :-)



Project #4:
At least this is one project that I can honestly say wasn't procrastinated on. Delaney found out she won a Chicago Fire coloring contest earlier this month. We took pictures and told about it on our family blog on 7/12/10. Since part of her prize package was a nice Chicago Fire poster, and they also sent back her picture signed by one of the players -- we decided to make showcase it in her room. I purchased an inexpensive poster frame and created this for her:



She loves it, now we just need to get Kenny to hang it up!

Project #5:
I have been wanting to play with some Flower Soft forever, but I just haven't really been anywhere to purchase any yet. Then when we were in Indianapolis this past soccer season for one of Delaney's soccer tournaments, Kenny was nice and took me to Archiver's who is now carrying flower soft. So I picked up several colors, and I FINALLY just got around to playing with it. It is soooooo beautiful! I remember back when this stamp set was the April stamp of the month, a fellow consultant had made a pretty topiary card. I can't remember who it was, but I did remember how pretty it was. I messed around and came up with this card, which I thought turned out so nice:

Project #6:
Delaney and I even had fun with our toenails! HA! :-) You didn't know that could be a creative project, did you? Last week, I painted my toenails with a leopard-print design while Delaney voted for polka dots. I told Delaney next time to pick colors that were more different so her polka dots would show up better:







We found a fun YouTube video that explained how to do the leopard print design, and there are quite a few videos of other ones. Maybe we'll get brave and try another.

So I'm still creating, we're just enjoying our summer too much that seems to be flying by too quickly. I'll try to post more when I can. LOL

Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment