Monday, January 31, 2011

February's Stamp of the Month set: Friendship

February's stamp of the month set, Friendship, is a stunning set of damask stamps with friendship sentiments. I have always loved damask images, so I was thrilled to start playing around with this set.






I'm using White Daisy, Sunny Yellow and Chocolate colors for this card. I stamped one of the damask images for the background in Sunny Yellow. After distressing with the Edge Distresser, I sponged on some Chocolate around the edges. Then I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate, distressed the edges and sponged lightly with Chocolate again around the edges.

The flower and butterfly embellishments are from the Just Blooms Paper Flowers Spring Blossom set. Using our new spray pen, I sprayed the flower with a combination of White Daisy reinker, Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint and a bit of water. It gave the flower a beautiful white shimmer. For the butterflies, I sponged them with Sunny Yellow, stamped a pattern from the Universal Backgrounds set (writing), and used 2 Chocolate brads for the "body". The ribbon is from our Cocoa collection, while the buttons are our brand new Wooden Designer Buttons. The colors really pop together, while the flower and butterflies give the card a lot of dimension. Beautiful!

Dani



No comments:

Post a Comment