Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Christmas Gifts time!!!

We've been busy making some homemade Christmas gifts, which of course, I can't really share too much. However, we did give Kyle's librarian her gift already so I can share those! I help out at the library in the elementary, and one day I was helping her trim her tree and decorate a bit for Christmas. She didn't seem to have any ornaments that were for reading or books, so Kyle and I decided she needed some little "books" for her tree.







We ended up making her five little book ornaments. Kyle selected all the series to include: Harry Potter, Fablehaven, Redwall, Magic Tree House, and Percy Jackson. :-) They turned out so cute! They are a miniature book made from a small pad of sticky notes! Then I just raided my scrap paper drawer to decorate them up. If you'd like to make some mock little books, the directions I used can be found here. Here is a shot of the entire tree with our book ornaments on them.



I'll try to share some more as gifts are handed out to the recipients!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment