Sunday, November 11, 2012

 

It's hard to believe that the holiday season is already upon us.  I was just in Walgreens, and their entire seasonal aisle is Christmas, Christmas and more Christmas stuff.  Crazy!  So speaking of the holiday craziness, my husband and I have decided that it would be best to skip the month of December for workshops.  It tends to be a very busy and stressful month of the year for me, and I think that it will help a lot with the overscheduling.  After the Christmas Card Workshop in November, we'll get back to our regularly programmed workshops in January.  I'll try to get it designed and online as soon as possible.  

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a couple of quick and easy projects I found on Pinterest that everyone could find handy with the holidays coming up.  The two presents shown up above were made with toilet paper rolls!  :-)  The one on the left is simply covered with patterned paper and then some cellophane, while the one on the right is again covered with patterned paper then folded like a pillow box.   

You'll need to start saving some toilet paper rolls.  They'll be perfect for the small, odd-sized present.  To decorate, cut a piece of patterned paper 4"x6-1/2" and adhere to the outside of the toilet paper roll (for both of them).  For the cellophane-wrapped one, you'll either want to wrap your present in tissue paper before inserting or cover the edges with some patterned paper too.  For the pillow box one, I simply flattened the toilet paper roll down, then "popped" it back open and then used the creases to push down the edges. 

Quick, easy and cute!  If you make any, please share a picture!  

Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment