Monday, June 17, 2013

June's Stamp of the Month set: A Flowering Bunch!

I finally found some time to play around with June's stamp of the month set: A Flowering Bunch. I love how versatile it is; I was able to have fun with several techniques with my cards.  My first one, I just kept to a simple monochromatic color scheme, taking the color from the Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon.  Cute, sweet and simple (and fast!).



Next, I decided to color the image in with our markers.  Have you used our new alcohol-based markers yet?  They color so smoothly, with such vibrant results.  Since each marker color comes with two coordinating shades, I only used two colors on this flower: Lagoon and Sweet Leaf.  But look how colorful it looks!  I also did some paper piecing with the Relief for Oklahoma Thank You set.  The patterned paper designs are from Later Sk8r.



I thought the paper piecing turned out so nice on the previous card, that I decided to do some paper piecing with the floral designs as well.  This time I pulled designs from two paper packs: Dakota and Chantilly.



And since I somehow seemed to be on a blue kick, I decided to make sure that my last card threw that color out and went with something new.  This time I decided to mess around with masking, and create some fun floral groupings.  Again, I was coloring with our awesome markers.  I think the colors I used were Autumn Terracotta, Hollyhock, Topiary and Smokey Plum.



I'm so behind.  I could just sit and play with this set, but I need to move on to my next project.  I did do some much needed spring cleaning though, and my two upper levels are nice and clean!  Definitely not fun, but oh so needed.  :-) My lower level (which has my craft room too) will require some more time.  UGH!!!

Enjoy!
~Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment