Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Reel Life Artwork!

I was excited to make some cards with the new stamp set B1431 Reel Life, which is showcased with the new My Crush books.  I decided to play around with the pretty color schemes pinned on my Colors board in Pinterest too.  So I'll share the color inspiration first, then the card.

Color Scheme #1:
 


With this color scheme, I selected Champagne, Buttercup, Lagoon, Outdoor Denim and Sunset.  I also used a sentiment from the set Love Doily. Then for the final touch, I added a couple of heart embellishments from the Trinkets Wooden Shapes.



Color Scheme #2:
 


This color scheme led me to the colors of Black, Lagoon, Olive, Slate and Ruby.  I was visualizing a clean and simple design with the graphic elements from the set.  I also used a sentiment from the new set All the Details.  And since I didn't want to clutter up the design, I simply added a red Sparkle by the sentiment.



Color Scheme #3:



Since my first two color schemes had Lagoon in it, I decided to make sure the last one I selected had Lagoon as well.  For this color scheme, I went with Creme Brulee, Smoothie, Sunset and Lagoon.  I skipped the brighter pink color.  I decided to make my own polka-dot background with the Hello Today stamp.  I used the Cricut Artiste for the word Hello, with a pop of color in Lagoon.  Dressing it up just a bit, I added some Blue Epoxy Bubbles



It is almost hard to believe it is the same Lagoon color used in each color scheme, right?  We were definitely overwhelmed with the end of summer/beginning of school for both our kiddos.  I hope that things are getting into more of a routine, and I can share more art.  I also have a fun house project I am almost finished with that I can share here soon as well.

Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment