Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun with Easter Eggs!



Here's the latest artwork that I accomplished, a very seasonable project. :-) I thought it turned out so cute!


My sister gave me this neat egg carton, which instead of having 6x2 rows for eggs - had 4x3 rows for eggs. It still held a dozen eggs, just a bit differently. And of course, I had to decorate more than just the carton! The carton color left a bit to be desired, so I mixed up a little reinker with the Delta Ceramcoat paint and painted it first. :-)



These are real eggs decorated up. (My husband was sooooooo nice and "blew" out all the eggs for me and got them ready to go. How nice is that? And then the kids had scrambled eggs for a few days... HA!). First I painted them with some of our Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint mixed up with a little Delta Ceramcoat paint (for opacity) and reinkers (for color). Then I just had fun decorating them up with paper, flowers, ribbon, sparkles and more!



I even decorated up the inside of the carton. The papers were from our Caboodle kit, which inspired the color scheme for the whole project: Buttercup, Crystal Blue, Sorbet & Sweet Leaf. It was fun to do an Easter project without using the typical pastel Easter colors. I used a variety of stamp sets while decorating this up: D1338 Bird Basics, D1332 Boutique Borders, D1259 Eastertime, D1415 Springtime & C1405 In the Month of April.



What do you think? I was so happy with it! Hopefully more art to continue here soon!


Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment