Friday, April 9, 2010

Flower Pot artwork - April's Stamp of the Month!



I love this month's stamp of the month: Flower Pot! I had so much fun messing around with it -- I finally had to make myself put it away as I have many other projects to try to accomplish. :-)



This is the first one I made, making a "window" through the window of the stamp in the card. I used paper from the Moon Doogie pack, with the colors Cranberry, Sorbet & New England Ivy. When you open the card, you see this:


Sometimes a classic, simple card is all you need. For this one I stamped the flowers and then made a mask before stamping the pot -- so the flowers would appear to be overlapping the flower pot. Then I colored the entire image with our watercolor pencils. They blend so well, it looks very pretty. You should be able to click on this (and most images) to see a better-resolution image.

I was playing around with the small floral image, and it lends itself to creating a border beautifully -- even around a circle! Try to do THAT with a wooden stamp! I did have to mask the ending again, so that the frame seemed endless. Then I colored in the stamped border with markers coordinating with the paper I chose from the Boom-Di-Ada pack.

For some reason, the window image is so much fun to play with. I added some mini-brads to the shutters this time, and put some "drapes" behind the window with ribbon. It turned out so cute - love it! The sentiment is from Welcome Home and the papers are from the Sarsaparilla pack.

For this last card, I colored in the images with the watercolor pencils - making an impromptu color palette on some cardstock and pulling the colors with our blending pen. It gives such a soft and pretty effect and makes it easy to blend colors. The sentiment is from Buttoned Together with papers from the Veranda paper pack.



Okay, no more time for playing with this set now! I need to move on to the next project. Hopfully more to come soon!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment