Saturday, April 10, 2010

Paper Piecing: Love This Technique!

Keeping up with one of my favorite blogs, I caught Moxie Fab's Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in their March 25, 2010 post. I love paper piecing, so I definitely had to try this one. I think it's because I'm a bit lazy with coloring at times, and this gives me glorious color and texture in a quick and easy way. :-) So here's my challenge entry:



I pulled some scraps from the Daydream paper pack and had fun with it! I cut out a strip from the striped paper and made "grass" on the bottom of the card. I stamped the umbrella and rubber boots from the Springtime stamp set in some fun patterns and pieced them together. I stamped the sun and sentiment with hearts from the ADORABLE Over the Rainbow stamp set - a new set coming in our Summer 2010 Idea Book. I attached the umbrella, boots and sun with 3-D Foam Tape for some dimension. And last, but not least, I used some Bitty Sparkles to dress up the umbrella, sun & sentiment. I have a rough time photographing sparkles and glitter -- but they look so cute IRL! I think if you click on the image to see it in more detail, you can at least see them better.

This is my first card made with some new Summer products! Now off to play with some more!!!

Dani

1 comment:

  1. Great card! The paper piecing and placement of the umbrella and boots is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete