Monday, March 11, 2013

March Stamp of the Month: Floral Happiness

I finally got to play around with March's Stamp of the Month set, Floral Happiness.  I wasn't sure how I felt about this set initially, but I have to say I really love it now.  It's so easy to use, and I love the two-step stamping.  The finished flowers and leaves look absolutely gorgeous, with hardly any effort on my part.  Love that!  HA!  I also decided to play around with some of the pretty color schemes that I've pinned on Pinterest, so I'll share the scheme I used first then the card.

Color Scheme #1:



With this color scheme, I selected the CTMH colors of Whisper, Black, Barn Red, Cranberry, and Sweet Leaf.  I used the second generation stamping technique to stamp both the flowers and leaves.  I also used the awesome chevron print from the For Always kit for the background.
  


Color Scheme #2:
 


This color scheme led me to the CTMH colors of Slate, Goldrush, Blush and Smoothie (I skipped the bluish color).  I used the detail stamps for the flowers to create textured backgrounds on the colored strips.  Then, I used some stamp rolling along with second generation stamping to create the flower accent.

   

Color Scheme #3:
 


For this color scheme, I went with the CTMH colors of Twilight, Blush, Whisper, Chocolate and Sweet Leaf.  Instead of second generation stamping, this time I went with tone-on-tone stamping.  So I stamped the base floral stamp with the same ink on the same color of cardstock.  Then for the detailed floral and leaf stamps, I stamped them all in Chocolate.



Color Scheme #4:
 
With this last color scheme, I just went the trendy and always pretty grey and yellow.  I did second generation stamping with Creme Brulee and Whisper.  I also yet another print from the Love Always kit for the background, with just a hint of our Slate Satin Polka-Dot Ribbon.
    


Almost too pretty to send out, right?  If you don't have your March Stamp of the Month set, make sure to get in touch with me before the month is over.  :-)  Enjoy!

Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment