Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April Stamp of the Month: My Sunshine

Even though we don't have any sunshine outside hardly yet, I had a lot of fun messing around with April's Stamp of the Month set, My Sunshine.  Even if I can't enjoy warm weather outside yet, I can pretend, right?  :-)

First, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the hot air balloon image and give it a 3-D effect.  I used a print from Surf's Up as the background and stamped the balloon image three separate times: in Cranberry, Honey and Sunset.  I added a few clouds and stamped the sentiment on the largest cloud.  Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  HA!



Since I am in dire need of some sunshine, I was drawn to the sun images and sentiment next.  I pulled the chevron pattern from Claire and pulled my color scheme from there.  Now if it could just get nice and warm outside... it is, after all, the middle of April.  I don't think it is too unreasonable to want warm weather!!!



And last, but not least, I stamped the bird and you're tweet sentiment.  I inked the bird up in Honey, then rolled the tail and tummy with Smoothie to give it some dimension.



I ended up using the Cricut Artiste with each card too.  From clouds and balloons, to suns, leaves, birds and more -- it had just what I needed to quickly finish up each card perfectly!

Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment