Sunday, August 21, 2016

August's Stamp of the Month: Purr-fect Halloween

So hard to believe that school has started back up again, my "little" kids are now in their last year of high school and last year of middle school.  How in the world did that happen?  

I was able to get some more craft time to make a few samples with this month's adorable stamp of the month set: Purr-fect Halloween.  This fun set has 17 stamps, with delightful images and several coordinating sentiments.  I also got to use some of the new paper sets from the upcoming Holiday Expressions!!!  For this first card, I used the new Jeepers Creepers collection as well as some of the new colors: Tangerine, Willow and Pansy.  All the stamping was done in Black ink, with the images paper pieced.  Too cute!



This next card is also using some paper from the new Jeepers Creepers collection.  The ink colors used were Whisper, Slate and Black.



With this last card, I used yet another new paper collection: Swan Lake.  I created the background with 1" squares of all but one of the patterns.  I attached the squares slightly askew on a 6" cardstock piece, then trimmed off all the overlapping edges.  Then I used my sewing machine to randomly stitch all the pieces down.  Then I paper pieced the rest, with all the stamping done in Slate ink.



I have the new Annual Inspirations here along with the upcoming new Holiday Expressions.  If you haven't got your copy yet, get in touch with me to pick yours up.  And mark your calendar for Saturday, September 17 for an Open House showcasing artwork from both publications from 9am to 1pm.  Enjoy!

Dani

  



No comments:

Post a Comment