Monday, May 14, 2012

Latest Project: Mother's Day Gift!

Here's a project that I finished not too long ago, but since it was a gift for my mom for Mother's Day... I couldn't share it until now!  My mom loves to play Scrabble or most any word game for that matter: Bananagrams, Perquackey, etc.... so I thought I'd make something for her with that theme in mind.  Using a garage-sale find Scrabble board (thanks to our friend Doug!), I created a wall-hanging.  I used an online crossword puzzle maker to create a puzzle with words describing my mom.  I made her do the crossword puzzle first, then gave her the finished piece.  :-)  I created all the flowers and leaves with the Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to help decorate up the finished piece.  It was a lot of fun; I will have to play around with some more Scrabble art! 

  

If you've made anything with an old Scrabble board or pieces, I'd love to see them!

Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment