Friday, May 11, 2012

May's Stamp of the Month: Friendship Bouquet

It has been so crazy time-wise with the end of school coming up. The kids only have 13 more days of actual school left!!! Can you believe it? There have been a few days, where I wonder if we'll make it. :-)  But I finally sat down to make a few cards with this beautiful set.

The first card I messed around with some masking and stamped the entire background with flowers in Chocolate.  Yes, I started with a plain, white card base!  Then I just used our watercolor pencils, and slowly but surely colored it in.  I took my time and added more color a layer at a time.  Then the last thing I did, was add a few black dots in the center with a black marker.  It was fun, but took a while and my hand was cramping when I was finally finished.



This next card was my attempt to make it look more like a typical daisy.  I used patterned paper in the background of the flower, stamped the flower directly on it with Black ink, then stamped it again on White Daisy paper.  Then I carefully cut out just the flower part and attached it on top of the patterned paper stamp, after using a light blue coloring pencil for a few shadows.  Then after coloring the center and stem in, it was finished.  My card base was in a Goldrush color to match the center of the flower.  It really makes the white flower pop with the patterned paper in the background.



And the last card I was able to make, I decided to paper piece the flowers from the Footloose paper pack.  The only coloring I did here, was to use the Chocolate marker in the centers of the flowers.  I did have to fussy cut out the flowers, but the flowers look so pretty with the patterned paper.  Adding a small little mock-banner with the sentiment, then a few opaques, and viola -- it is finished.  Cute, simple and very quick -- especially compared with my first one which was all coloring!!!



I was having so much fun playing with the set, that I was wanting to mess around with it some more but unfortunately I ran out of time.  Off to the next project!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment