Thursday, January 3, 2013

January Stamp of the Month: Happy Valentine's



I thought I'd have MORE time to do things over break, but now I'm thinking that I'll have more time once the kids go BACK to school.  UGH.  If they don't stop bickering, I think I'll go mad.  (* sigh *)  In an effort to maintain my sanity, I found some time to create some cards with this month's stamp of the month set, Happy Valentine's.  With beautiful floral designs and sentiments of love you can use year-round, you're not going to want to miss this set. 

I know that a lot of you aren't big on coloring in your images, so I wanted to show how easy it was to use this stamp set with little to no coloring!  I'll start out with a couple of cards that I did a little bit of coloring on and finish up with a couple more with absolutely no coloring at all.

With this card, I stamped some tone-on-tone stamping with Champagne for the background.  Then I cut a heart out with my Cricut Art Philosophy collection and stamped tone-on-tone with Ruby.  I colored one flower with watercolor pencils, fussy cut it and put everything together.  Quick, simple and beautiful!



This card looks like a lot of coloring, but I just lightly colored the flowers and leaves with our watercolor pencils again; I didn't worry about a lot of shading.  The attention to detail in the images themselves helps bring out depth in the flowers and leaves.



No more coloring at all now!  I just random stamped the designs in black for a beautiful black and white background.  You can easily add any color you'd like at this point; I went with Topiary since green is a new "in" color.



And here, I took my color scheme from our Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.   I stamped in Chocolate and added the striped ribbon as well as our beautiful Colonial White Rosette Ribbon.  Finishing it off with the Emily Bronte quote and this card is finished in a snap.



If you make anything with this set, please share!  I'd love to see.  :-)

Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment