Saturday, March 5, 2016

In Honor of Stampaganza... Artwork to Share!

In honor of Stampaganza, I have some artwork to share with a few new stamp sets I got recently.  Remember, Stampaganza only comes around once a year -- make sure to take advantage while you can.  For every two stamp sets purchased, get one free (of equal or lesser value). 

The first new set is C1641 Springtime Wishes.  It is found in the Seasonal Expressions Jan - Apr 2016.  You can check it out online at the previous link, or if you don't have a copy yet -- ask me for one.


I made three cards for each set; each card is designed to show a different way to showcase each set.   For this first one, I used a print from the La Vie En Rose paper packet for the background.  For the flowers and leaves, I stamped them on cardstock with a slightly darker ink.  I wanted the design to pop more than a tone on tone effect.  The leaves are Fern ink on Sweet Leaf cardstock.  The flowers are Hollyhock ink on Pixie cardstock, Crystal Blue ink on Sky cardstock, and Goldrush ink on Canary cardstock.  To finish it off, I adhered some Clear Sparkles to the flower centers.   



This time around, I used Kraft cardstock for the background.   Stamping with Chocolate ink, I random stamped a variety of the images on the card leaving a blank area on the top left portion of the card.  Then I colored in everything with markers.  When you color on the Kraft cardstock, it makes the colors more muted than on white.  I stamped the sentiment in the open area on the card and attached two strips of Chocolate cardstock on the bottom of the card as an accent.



For this last card, I random stamped the entire background with a variety of the images in Black ink.  I selectively colored in portions with a gold color.  Then I attached three pieces of the new Black & Gold ribbon.  Finishing off the card with the sentiment stamped on a Cricut shape.


The next new set is C1643 Stuck on You.  It is also found in the new Seasonal Expressions Jan - Apr 2016.  Super cute!  



For this first one, I stamped everything in Black ink.  I used the Topiary cardstock for the cacti, Desert Sand cardstock for the ground, and Honey cardstock for the flower.
 


Using the Kraft cardstock again as the base, I pulled the zig zag print from the Sangria paper packet.  I carefully cut out a strip of the patterned zig zags.  I attached it on the left side, with some Ruby cardstock underneath.  This time, I stamped each design with a tone on tone effect.  I stamped the flower with Ruby ink on Ruby cardstock, the cactus with New England Ivy ink on New England Ivy cardstock, the pot with Sunset ink on Sunset cardstock, and the heart with Hollyhock ink on Hollyhock cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped with Ruby ink.



With this last one, I used the Fern ink on Pear cardstock for the cacti, Sunset on Goldrush cardstock for the pots, and Ruby ink on Hollyhock cardstock for the heart.  Then I stamped the sentiment underneath and placed the heart where they would be "kissing."  I just love this set!



And for the last new set, I used C1626 Hexagonal Patterns.  This one is in the current Idea Book, so it has been out a while -- but it is new to me! 



With this first card, I stamped out several hexagons in a variety of color inks: Whisper, Slate, Smoothie, Sweet Leaf,  and Thistle.  Then I arranged them around the card, leaving a blank area in the top right except for filling out the top corner.  I carefully trimmed off any overhanging edges.  I stamped the sentiment in the blank area and attached a few flowers from the Sangria assortment to finish off the card. 



It seems like I always pulled out the Kraft cardstock for one of the cards.  With this one, I used Saffron cardstock for the background.  Then I stamped the large Hexagons on Kraft cardstock in Sapphire, Pomegranate, and Saffron ink.  I arranged them on piece of Kraft cardstock and trimmed it down to a nice patterned strip, and attached it with a few thin Kraft cardstock strips on the left side.  Then I stamped the cute kitty from B1481 Friendly Pets on Kraft cardstock in Chocolate ink.  I colored the kitty in, trimmed it out and attached it to the right bottom corner.  I stamped the Heart on Pomegranate with Chocolate ink, trimmed it out and attached it to the kitty.  And finally, stamped the sentiment in Sapphire ink.



And for the last card, I stamped all the little hexagons in Black ink in a few neutral colors: Champagne, Cashmere, and Chocolate.  Then I covered the entire background with them, trimming off any overlapping edges. Since I wanted the sentiment to be able to stand out on such a busy background, I used the banner from B1438 Banner Wishes. I stamped it on Champagne cardstock in Black ink then trimmed it out.  Then I stamped the sentiment Congratulations in Cranberry ink on the banner.  I notched two strips of Cranberry cardstock to be mock ribbons and attached them underneath the banner on the top left of the card.  I used a little colored pencils to add shading on the banner and the "ribbons."



I had so much fun messing around with these sets.  With any luck, I'll have some time to share more artwork before Stampaganza is over!

Enjoy!

Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment