Monday, March 14, 2016

In Honor of Stampaganza... More Artwork to Share!

In honor of this month's Stampaganza, I have some more artwork to share.  This time around it is with the new stamp set Your Beautiful Self, from the current Seasonal Expressions Jan - Apr 2016. Both can be checked out at the links above.


I made three cards again with this set.  For this first one, I used a print from the new Penelope paper packet with a strip of Pixie cardstock.  I stamped all the butterflies with the Thistle ink color, coloring in the main butterfly with just a bit of pink.



This time around, I used our new Watercolor Paints to create a soft background. I even used watercolors to color in the butterflies for the main color, then added some highlights with markers.  The colors on the butterflies came out stronger than I expected, next time I'll try to have a more washed out effect.  I stamped the butterflies and sentiment in the Cocoa ink.



And finally, this time around I went with a more clean and simple design.  I stamped everything in Black ink.  I random stamped the butterflies around the card, keeping an open area towards the bottom right where I stamped the sentiment.  I stamped the largest butterfly right by the sentiment, and then it was the only butterfly that I colored.  I purposely colored it with bright and vivid colors, to make sure it popped off the card.



I just love this set.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that I love butterflies!!!  Remember, Stampaganza ends this month!  This is a great time to build up your stamp set inventory.  Make sure to take advantage of the special while you can.

Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment