Monday, May 4, 2009

First artwork post - flower pot cards!

FINALLY, I'm actually posting some art on my blog. :-) I'm still learning how to adjust to my new schedule and frankly having a bit of a hard time working everything out. I used to do all my "creating" after the kids went to bed, but I'm usually so tired that I'm following them to bed way too often lately. Not all that helpful in my creative department, so I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze creative time in during the day more.

My BFF was able to come visit this weekend, and we were able to find some time to create in spite of our kids. HA! We made some AWESOME flower pot pocket cards. We had a blast. I found the instructions at Stephanie Luman's site, here.



Are these cute or what? I used the large flower from the stamp set included in the current special, Tickled Pink and a variety of different texture stamps on the bottom of each pot. To achieve the extra depth of color in each flower, you need to do some stamp rolling. Simply ink up the stamp in the lighter color, then roll the edges in the darker colored ink (to keep from messing up your ink pads, ALWAYS roll from lighter to darker and clean your stamp off EACH AND EVERY TIME before stamping again). We obviously had a lot of fun with different color schemes! Here is a close-up:

Closed:



Open:


If this works, this is supposed to show a close-up of all the cards:



Are those adorable or what? I'd love to see your flower pot pocket cards! Enjoy!

Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment