Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Favorite New Set: Patterned Pennants!

One of my favorite new stamp sets is D1534 Patterned Pennants.  It has so many possibilities with the simple shapes: sun rays, geometric patterns, trees and much more.  Or maybe it is just because I am so tired of winter, that the sun ray shapes are just appealing right now.  :-)  Who knows?  HA!  Here's some fun art I made with this set.

With this card, I used the polka dot pennant and created sun rays, with the sun and clouds from the Cricut Artiste collection.   My colors were Crystal Blue, Creme Brulee and Goldrush.  The sentiment was from the Card Chatter - Sympathy set.  I also used the 3-D Foam Tape to add some dimension with the sun and clouds.  Just a happy little card, perfect for someone like me with the winter blues!



Then I just wanted to use the pennants to create a geometric design.  I alternated the blue and gold colors, making a colorful zig zag-like design.  Using Kraft cardstock as the background, I used a variety of cardstock and ink colors for all the colorful pennants.  From top to bottom, Goldrush with Autumn Terracotta ink, Crystal Blue with Twilight ink, Champagne with Creme Brulee ink, Sky with Crystal Blue ink, and Creme Brulee with Goldrush ink.  Stamping the sentiment 'hello' from the same set, with a few sparkles and it is finished!



The other sentiment in the set, 'You're a ray of sunshine,' gave me an idea for a lively scrapbook page highlighting my son's crazy antics.  He's always ready to entertain and amuse everyone.  :-)  I had just the pictures that I wanted to use too, from our New Year's Eve game night.  Since the pictures were just snapshots in our house, with some iffy color combinations in the backgrounds, I went ahead and just used grayscale for the photos.  I used some coordinating prints from the Clementine paper packet and cropped the main photograph into a circle shape.  Then I stamped several pennants (Goldrush and Creme Brulee tone-on-tone), creating a sun highlighting the main image.  I added some Antiqued Copper accents with our Designer Brads and Metal Brads assortment.  He's so silly!  He is definitely our ray of sunshine.  LOL



And I don't know if it was because it had been doing nothing but snowing the last few days (at least it seems like it) or what, but I had the idea to turn the pennants into trees.  Yes, I know.  It is clearly ruining my keep it warm and sunny theme, but I had to try it.  I even used some Liquid Applique to make snow accents.  Ugh!  I made snow, can you believe it?!?  The 'Winter Wishes' sentiment was from the To You and Yours set.



I have so many other ideas for these: sailboats, stars, quilt pieces, flowers... but I unfortunately have too much to do to keep playing with this stamp set now.  :-)  I'd love to see what you make with this stamp set - please share!

Dani

 


No comments:

Post a Comment